Sunday, September 11, 2011

Deja Vu


My Ukrainian strip started with a completely unexpected sense of familiarity. As soon as I stepped out Sergei's home the next day in the morning, in day light, I found that the neighborhood looked and felt just like the neighborhood where I grew up, in Beijing, China.








The community layout, alternated paved ways and dirt areas...














The vegetation, building architecture,













the individually customized balconies.














news paper / magazine stands














Community stores














This is 60s architecture in Kiev, late 60s or early 70s in Beijing.













Who can say this is not part of Beijing?













See the building entrance with overhanding top?













This is 70s architecture in Kiev, late 70s or early 80s in Beijing













This is 70s architecture in Kiev, late 70s or early 80s in Beijing













This totally looks like my junior high (in Beijing).













Same trees around my neighborhood.













Notice the while paint (pesticide) on lower part of the tree trunk?





No comments:

Post a Comment